Our production and day services will be closed from Saturday Dec 21, 2018 to Wednesday Jan 2, 2019. We have many people visiting families or taking vacation time. The building at Walnut will have a crew of people taking care of facility issues (painting, cleaning, catching up) during this time off. The Residential and Support Services program never close even if some people leave for a period of time.
We have had a series of events to celebrate the holidays.
- Everyone in the programs received a bonus check of a gift card to Walmart
- We had over 60 Pizzas from Leo’s Pizza in Jacksonville for a salad, pizza and soda party at Walnut.
- On Friday Dec 20 we held a Christmas party at the Social Center for 6pm to 8pm and invited all the local residential programs. Price of admission: as many cookies as you could bring. Music, dancing, cookies, and Santa. A fun night.
- Walnut campus has several door decorating contests
- People in residential services attended the Charlie Brown show at Sangamon Auditorium at the UIS campus in Springfield.
- Several groups volunteered their time as bell ringers for Salvation Army