National Disability Organizations
- US Surgeon General
Health and Disabilities issues
- ebuddies - Match yourself with an
e-mail pen pal
- The American Academy of Neurology - the
AAN is a medical specialty society established to advance the art and science
of neurology, and thereby promote the best possible care for patients with
- AMRPA (American Medical Rehabilitation
- ACCSES (American Congress of Community
Supports and Employment Services)
- National Guardianship Association
- Provides educational, training and networking opportunities for guardians
- National Center on Educational
Outcomes (NCEO) -Provides national leadership in the identification of
outcomes and indicators to monitor education results for all students,
including students with disabilities.
- National Association of
Protection and Advocacy Systems - An association that which represents
federally mandated programs that protect the rights of persons with
- National Alliance of the DisAbled, Inc.
- An online informational and advocacy organization dedicated to working
towards gaining equal rights for the disabled in all areas of life.
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- A coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working
together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the
self-determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of
children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
Syndrome Association (USA) - A national organization for families,
professionals and service providers dedicated to improving the lives of people
with Prader-Willi syndrome.
- United Cerebral Palsy
- National webpage
- TASH - Advocates for
persons with disabilities who have been underserved and undervalued
- The National Down Syndrome Society
- The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law,
a national organization which focuses on legal advocacy for the civil rights
and human dignity of people with mental illness.
- Epilepsy Foundation of America - National
organization that works for people affected by seizures through research,
education, advocacy and service.
- FRAXA Research Foundation
page for a national nonprofit organization that provides a variety of
information on fragile X syndrome.
- National Ctr. for Children and Youth with
- National Down Syndrome Society
Home page for this national organization on Down syndrome. Includes
information on inclusion.