Jacksonville, IL 62650
Resources of Information Regarding MR/DD
- Supported Living
Resource List -Information on selected programs and materials that address
various aspects of community living.
State of the States in Developmental Disabilities: Dept. of Disability and
Human Development - Established in 982 to investigate determinants of public
spending for MR/DD services, the project maintains a 20-year longitudinal
record of revenue, spending ; programmatic trends in the 50 states and
District of Columbia.
- Rest Ministries, Inc. -
Christian organization for people who live with chronic illness or pain.
- Children's Institute - Children's
Institute's goal is to enable children and young adults with special needs to
realize their fullest potential.
- Gluten-Free Information
to people with Downs Syndrome.
- Florida Developmental Disabilities Council
- The FDDC guides development and administration of services for people with
developmental disabilities by planning and funding research, innovations, and
programs to improve the quality of their lives.
- California Center on Life Planning
-The California Center on Life Planning is a California Non-Profit
Corporation serving the needs of parents of children with special needs.
- The New York State Rehabilitation
Association - A Statewide association of 140 not-for-profit agencies
across New York State that provide services for people with disabilities.
- Vocational ; Rehabilitation Research
- Toward Independent Living and Learning
- Ministry Health Care
- Cotting School, (MA) Day school in
Lexington, MA for boys and girls ages 3-22 with physical, learning and
- The Council on
Quality and Leadership
resource for individuals, families, advocates, provider organizations,
professionals and the public sector.
- Autism Society of Alabama -
Information and political action site for Alabamians concerned about autism.
- Gan Harmony website all about
special education and
- IdeaList - The Contact Center Network,
Inc. is a New York based nonprofit organization to help people take action
on the issues that concern them.
- National Fragile X Foundation - A
comprehensive site, developed by the National Fragile XX Foundation, dedicate
to information and resources pertaining to fragile X syndrome.
- World Association of Persons with
Disabilities - A website for persons with disabilities on the Internet.
- Rehabilitation Research and
Training Center on Aging with Mental Retardation
- The Comprehensive Williams Syndrome Home Page
- Toys for Special Children.
Enabling Devices develops and manufactures assistive and adaptive technologies
for the physically challenged.
- Associates for Human Services, Inc. -
A private, not-for-profit, agency in Southeastern Massachusetts, providing
services that develop independent living, community integration, freedom of
choice and physical and mental well-being for children, adolescents, adults
and their families.
- New York State Commission on Quality
Care - Serves people with mental disabilities and their families by
providing independent oversight of the quality and cost effectiveness of
services provided by all mental hygiene programs in New York State.
- Fond du Lac County Department of
Social Services (Wisconsin) - Aging and Disability Resource Center.
- Community Resource Center of Sullivan
County, Monticello, New York.
- People Inc. - A private,
non-profit agency providing services to individuals with special needs and
their families throughout Western New York.
- North Bay Regional Center - NBRC is an
agency that provides or funds services for people with developmental special
needs in Napa, Solano and Sonoma County, CA.
- American Association of People with
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Northamptonshire People First
- UK group
- Residential Care Services Inc. - A CARF
accredited provider of behavioral healthcare in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Commission on
Accreditation of Rehab Facilities - CARF
- Calif. Depart. Of Developmental
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Down Syn On-Line
A site in England for anyone interested in dyslexia
- Employment Support Institute -
Helping people make better decisions about employment options and policies.
- Gentle Teaching Web Site
- Growing Up With Down's Syndrome
- Harbor Regional Center
- Logan - for families and individuals
- MacArthur Foundation Library Video
- National Organization for Rare
Disorders - Technical assistance and information dissemination on rare
- Research and Training Center.-
On Family Support and Children's Mental Health
informal society of individuals, parents and friends involved in the world of
1314 W Walnut
Jacksonville, IL 62650
An equal opportunity employer -