Parenting Information and Support
- Supported Living
Resource List - Information on selected programs and materials that
address various aspects of community living.
- The Institute for Community
Inclusion - Organization which advocates for the right of all people with
disabilities to be full participants in all aspects of their communities.
- Maryland Trust for
Retarded Citizens - Parenting information.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute -
Dedicated to helping children and adolescents with disorders of the brain
achieve their potential and participate as fully as possible in family, school
and community life.
- Pennsylvania Federation Council for
- Human services agencies that
provide any sort of transportation
- The Alliance of Genetic Support
Groups - A national coalition of consumers, professionals and genetic
support groups for concerns on genetic conditions
- The California Center on Life
Planning - The mission of the California Center on Life Planning is to
assist the average family who has a child, spouse, sibling, or parent with a
disability in doing comprehensive life and estate planning using a team
approach at the lowest, possible cost.
- The John and Joanne Davis Story
- A journey in Self Determination
- The Special Kids Company
- The Indiana Parent Information Network,
- Adoption Advocates
- Specializing in adoptive family support.
- Clinician's View Home Page
- Down Syndrome Home Page - Home
page for the Down syndrome list serve.
- P.A.R.E.N.T.S. - Parent
information and training project of Alaska.
- Special Child Magazine
Child is a free online publication for parents and caregivers of children with
Materials - Basic Educational Materials, Publishers offers quality
educational materials for special needs professionals.
Support Project - An excellent site of sibling
support resources, workshops and connections regarding brothers and
sisters of people with disabilities, chronic illnesses or mental health